• show-popup

Location Livingston, New Jersey
Category Furniture and Decor
Views 622
Monetary Loss

I just buy a new house and need a new bed.I go to Raymour and Flanagan figuring I want good quality since I bought a house.

All of a sudden theres the hives. Horrible itching and me and husband are goin crazy trying to get rid of them. They havent called me back yet so I don't know what they have to offer, but soon it will be a lawyer on them. It's called need new furniture and need to have bedroom bombed.

It's all over my carpet.It is very frustrating cuz now I have to buy a new bed and matress and bomb it.I am so disgusted with the matter. 302846e

Comments (21) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 21 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 26, 2012
Yikes! I have had a serious problem with R&F since the spring. They have been paid since the initial delivery of the wrong sofa, then a defective sofa....another defective sofa. I am still waiting after 6 months for the correct, and non-defective sofa. Mind you, they were paid in full months ago. Now, since reading about these bedbugs, I am scared to death that the sofa will have bedbugs. I can't imagine why anyone would buy anything other than non-fabric accessories from these people. Their track record is terrible!
Reply to Jersey Mom

Oct 26, 2012
We purchased a mattress and box springs from Raymour and Flanigan (R&F) in July of 2012. We have lived in our home almost 40 years and never saw a bed bug. Low and behold the second day my wife has bugs on her pillow. Not knowing any better kills them and moves into a back bedroom. The next day we had an exterminator in to advise. He saw some stains but nothing that could help him draw a definitive conclusion. The next night my wife was bitten on her neck and arms. We were able to collect a few specimens and show them to the exterminator for positive bed bug identification. The process of extermination which began the next day has been costly a nightmare, and a huge inconvenience.
Here are a few things to consider when thinking of purchasing a mattress or any furniture from R&F. R&F delivers and removes mattresses on the same truck. The fellows that make the delivery do not wear any protective garments. After discussions with a delivery coordinator I find the trucks that move the mattress' are not disinfected in any way in the evenings. I can only imagine if the same trucks are being used to deliver furniture WOW. I discussed the delivery procedures with Dave Covel, a Risk executive with R&F, and his response to me was “it works for us”. Amy Myers, Director of Business Development R&F, 315.558.5484, says that “we are unable to recreate a similar issue with our product”. By the way, Ms. Myers will be able to give you Dave Covel’s telephone number. I spoke to
... Show more
Reply to Warren

Sep 05, 2012
i just had 3 pieces of furniture from them full of bugs. started getting bit days after the delivery. the second delivery which was another piece had nothing in it. when i went down to the truck to check it out because the first was damaged there was an old uncovered mattress on the truck. they called me back a week after i called and did nothing but try to prove me wrong and argue with me. her first question was "how do you think we are responsible?" she said they have proven 100% of the time it's always the owners fault. i had the exterminator for my building check before i bought the furniture because i was home on the day they normally come which is once a month for preventative maintenance for all other types of bugs. he said everything was fine after we inspected the bedroom. as soon as i called him after i found the bugs he told me they have had a lot of problems from new furniture from trucks delivering with old mattress's and furniture on them. he works all over nyc and westchester. i'm done with this company and will toss the $100 gift card in the trash from them.
Reply to jay buggie

Feb 08, 2012
My husband and I finally saved up enough money to purchase our first beautiful bedroom set. What a dissappointment when I had to spend $1500.00 on exterminator for the BEDBUGS!!! You never know where they come from but NEVER had them before set. What is going on on those delivery trucks!!!!! i'm ready for a living room but wouldn't be going back there!!!!
Reply to kkforus

Dec 03, 2011
:cry,I sorry to every one who was affected by the bed bug infestation do to buying mattresses from raymore flanigan i was just their today the central avenue store in yonkers,new york my salesperson name was sarah just purchased a new 2 bedroom condo and was looking to jazz up my new place I came across peopl comments by accident I feel very uncomfortable now and won't be making a purchase thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with me 12-03-11
Reply to Mike bronx N,Y

May 31, 2011
brought a matteress from Raymour and Flanigan kept the plastic cover on my son said the plastic was to hot so we took it off now my son and I are all bit up because of the bedbugs that were in the mattress according to the specialist that did the clean up the plastic cover kept them contained that's why we didn't get bit before call R&F and they won't return my call..I'm ready to call the press and my attorney.
Reply to Angry Customer

Apr 06, 2011
I was just about to purchase a recliner from raymour and flanagan but *** no. I will try the homegoods store instead.
Reply to Najane

Mar 09, 2011
I called raymour & Flanigan two days and
was told I would receive a return call.
Nevwer did. Now I am going to have to get a lawyer.. I purchased sofa and
loveseat and they were infested with bedbugs. Furniture was the only thing
new to come in my house. Lived here 43
years never had bedbugs.
Reply to ann conte

Mar 08, 2011
Sounds to me lady that you bought a house that was invaded with bed bugs already... good luck trying to get them out.. They are little critters that continue to feed off of humans and tend to mutiply very quickly. Stop blaming the furniture store.. and for the person who wrote in that bed bugs are from dirtbags YOU ARE 100% WRONG!! The bugs do not discriminate.. ANYONE can have them once brought into the home! Before people write in about these things they need to do some educational research!
Reply to r & f Customer

Nov 16, 2010
omgosh.... from reading all of this about bedbugs i am devistated,i had plan on makeing a hugh purchase from raymour&flan,and rmstogo these are my most favorit furniture stores,and i am in desperate need of furniture and now i am scared to death to puchase from anyone can someone please,please contact me i need answers....callahan-dee@yahoo.com thank you.
Reply to Doreena

Oct 31, 2010
I redently purchased a auto recliner the salesman said it had a five year warrenty
on the moter with no extened cost looked on line motor is only one year warrenty...they lied i am sure as salesman will call me and give the extended warrenty for free but no way you lied.....
Reply to mary ann

Sep 26, 2010  from Funza, Cundinamarca
To the guy who said he works at RF. You are a LIAR. When ANY store offers a 45 day trial period for a bed, THEY RESELL THE BED. And even if the don't resell it. THEY TAKE IT BACK. They take it back on the SAME trucks that deliver NEW mattresses. All of these things are reasons that people get bedbugs. YES, the bedbugs come from the houses of dirtbags and then get into the mattresses and trucks. But the store is partly to blame by taking the old ones out in the same truck as the new ones. And then reselling the returns.

THAT IS HOW IT HAPPENS!!!
Reply to Liar

Aug 26, 2010
I am currently battling Raymour and Flanagan over a table top that began warping due to them not sealing it appropriately. I had a tech come to the house and place the blame on the manufacturer and I was approved for a new top. That was 8 weeks ago and today the delivered the wrong top. I'm so fed up and will never recommend or use them again. I have been quoted so many different prices depending on who you speak to that I would never trust them to give me the best deal. The are untrustworthy and NEVER return calls. I am a teacher so I am NOT a competitor for the company, nice try on that one. They are a horrible, disrespectful company and they will go under in time.
Reply to teach tech

Jul 07, 2010
I work for R&F in sales and I can tell you that there is no way we sold a used bed. If you purchased a floor sample bed then people have sat on it or laid on it but nobody has ever slept on it. I doubt seriously that there were bed bugs. Every store has a pest control, HVAC control, landscapers etc...
Raymour also as a comfort guarantee that give cutomers 45 days to return Bedding there is a cost for that but at least your not stuck with a mattress you hate.
Stangect sounds like a sleepys empolyee
Reply to Blazngun

Apr 18, 2010
I had an experience with Levitz in Milford Ct where I purchased a long awaited and long saved for grandfather clock. It was $2600.00. I put down 1000.00 and was to pay the balance at time of delivery in cash. When the clock was delivered the delivery man handed me the paperwork with the invoice the store receives from the makers of the clock attached with my house number hand written on it and $1600.00 cash to be received upon delivery from customer. Well the invoice price was....get this $600.00! What a slap in the face! Not only did the company neglect to remove their invoice for the price they paid, they used it to write instructions on it for the driver to get my money!!! Hmm what is that..I am bad at math but that is a huge markup as well as a huge slap in the face! I called of course and they didn't seem to find any shame in what had happened. What they did do is send me back $600.00 Big deal. I understand they mark up to make their money, but when caught like that, I expected at least 1000.00. Get this, they asked that I send them back the invoice before I receive my refund. I did, but a copy, they did send me my refund, but....what a ride!!!!
Reply to Michele In CT.

Jan 01, 2010
Buyer beware: Take this with a grain of salt.

As devil's advocate, I'd like to challenge these serious claims here so as to find out whether or not it was the store's wrong-doing and poor health or warehouse storage practices that caused this problem. Is there another possible explanation for the bedbeg infestation?

I hold little credibility for any case where there hasn't been supplied all details as well as all of the follow-up. People with a grudge (or not all the facts) can say anything here, with no recourse.

Wonder if there is a possibility,= that furniture store competitors who are threatened by the incursion of a powerful chain such as R&F would be so unscrupulous as to infiltrate this blog with bad or misleading info?

However, that being said, sometimes stores ARE at fault. Perhaps negligent or poor practices, perhaps in about 5% of the time, according to furniture industry reports. I say write out all the details be known.

I'm retired now but having been in sales (in my past as had been my late parents), I've heard all sorts of horror stories, but not so masny from R&F. There should be more explanation before anyone should take this seriously. Bedbugs can come from anywhere along the path, not necessarily from the store or its warehouse.

BTW, lamps, painting and other accesories such as pillows from most furniture store chains don't come from any warehouse as it's not cost
... Show more
Reply to russ g

Oct 08, 2009
I believe you Stangect,... i purchased sofa and two pillows...
the sales lady said you can take the

pillows with u now... she grab the dispay

pillows. i said ill wait for new ones...

she said we dont have pillows in the

warehouse.. all accessories are in-

stores... i said there are display

pillows that cost $89.00 each. (thats

right people $89.00e) the manager gave me

10% off...
and all theydid was take it to the back

and put plastic on like it was brand

new...get with it people all furniture

stores have the ability to wrap items in plastic to look brand new ..

Raymour Flanigan in JerseyCity ,NJ Rt440

i dont know whats worse paying almost 200 for 2 pillows.. or taking pillows that could be infested with bugs..
Reply to rls

Sep 22, 2009
Are you sure your hubby didn't bring home the crabs dear?
Reply to Francine

Aug 28, 2009
Wow..I don't believe this to be true...
Reply to Ma

Aug 06, 2009
is it possible that the houses you moved in might have had the problem... the bedding is sealed at sealy and not opened until delivered.. or maybe if you used a moving co.
Reply to bob w

Read next Raymour Flanigan complaint

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

I bought a furniture set from Raymour & Furniture, the set was delivered as promised but since then...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Raymour Flanigan.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug